Please note:

All posts are meant for discussion, opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the Catholic Church or St. Jude.

PLEASE VISIT & BOOKMARK MY NEW BLOG TO FOLLOW Me as I continue my work for the Church at: denvernotredame.blogspot.com. See you there!

Monday, August 4, 2008

Who doesn't need innocence?


You will notice, if you are a regular reader of this blog, that I have added a new link to the right over there -->. It is to my most favorite band ever, who just so happens to be Catholic and American. I actually know a guy who is playing with them in Lancaster, PA where they are from. I hope you might take moment to check out the link and listen to a few songs. Hopefully you might like them too.

Well, here I sit watching the smoke rise up from Green Mountain, which I can see from my office window. It had gone down quite a bit, but now seems to be flaring up. I hope all are ok over there. Please say a prayer for the Firefighters who are working up there and any families who might be affected. Perhaps this one:

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary,
That never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection,
implored thy help, or sought thy intercession,
was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly to thee O virgin of Virgins, my mother. To thee I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not our petitions, but in your clemency hear them and answer them,
through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Watching the fire plume into the sky made me think of my favorite band, the Innocence Mission. Why? I am not really sure. I just thought about how things are so good when you are young and innocent. We parents have a grave responsibility to help our children enjoy their innocence and to promote it as they grow up. Innocence from what? Well, nothing more than sin - which we can do with the help of the Sacraments.

I often wonder how many people take the Sacraments that seriously? Hopefully, we might reconsider the Sacrament of Confession most especially since our innocence is restored in that Sacrament, while our reparations remain. Life is never easy, but if we catch hold of "the Innocence Mission" which is brough forth in our Lord Jesus Christ then we can be restored in mind, body and strength to arrive at what is most important for our lives - union with God our Father. May no one of us ever doubt that reality, since upon this lies the hope of a better life - no matter what our economic situation is!

No comments: