Please note:

All posts are meant for discussion, opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the Catholic Church or St. Jude.

PLEASE VISIT & BOOKMARK MY NEW BLOG TO FOLLOW Me as I continue my work for the Church at: denvernotredame.blogspot.com. See you there!

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Down, down, diggy diggy down down....

You know what I love? I love that technology is such a witness to us of what this world has to offer. The last few days our internet has been down here at the parish. Like our own lives, some people get extremely upset when things like this happen to your computer or your camera or cellphone or anything else modern technologically has to offer. But it only reminds us that technology is not the be all end all of life, as if you needed me to remind you of that. However, it also grants us the opportunity to see just how addicted we are these technological wonders. Yes, they can offer us great wonders - to be certain. However, we can never see such things as the sole reason for our lives. Life is much than what you will eat or drink or surf on, so says Jesus - though I did paraphrase that last bit...

Our relationship with the Son of God, who came to give the only true spiritual light, far surpasses anything in our lives. Having the internet go down, is in some analagous ways, like committing a mortal sin. Just as we are cut off from the rest of the online world, we are cut off from God's love when we commit mortal sin. Yet, like the greatest computer technician, Christ Jesus restores us and reconnects us to living life abundantly in the Sacrament of Confession.

I am glad to be back online, because we only have dial-up at our home and it doesn't compare to using the parish's High-speed! I use the internet quite a lot for the various powerpoint presentations I put together for the RCIA, as those of you in RCIA know. At any rate, if you happen to read this post, let me know. It is a bit discouraging to have had only one comment, and I recently changed my settings so now anyone can comment now... please comment!

Oh, and the title to this post is a song my wife always sings... I was just thinking about her when I wrote this post.

1 comment:

Jon said...

Comparing the Church to modern day technology is a good parable. Like Tomas said, Without Cell phones or internet, a big part of our lives would be missing. But in a spiritual sense, a HUGE part of our "communication" seems to be missing. Prayer. Imagine if you prayed as many times as you called someone in a day. Or if you read a chapter of Scripture for every time you emailed someone. Such a deep meaningful relationship with Christ would surely develop. It would be so beautiful.