Please note:

All posts are meant for discussion, opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the Catholic Church or St. Jude.

PLEASE VISIT & BOOKMARK MY NEW BLOG TO FOLLOW Me as I continue my work for the Church at: denvernotredame.blogspot.com. See you there!

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Where do you stand?

In a recent post, I had stated that I was sympathetic to Ron Paul. So far that is still the case in many of his positions with regard to the Constitution. In fact, I even found myself closely aligned with Dr. Paul on the Mainstream positions on "ABC News' Match-o-matic." You might be interested to check it out. Its a lil bit of fun!

That being said, I was also shocked to learn about the possibility that Dr. Paul may also hold some views that I most definitely do not hold, consider this report by Tucker Carlson. I don't know if I buy this allegation yet, until I am able to actually read the text to which they refer, since I don't think media reports these things in the most objective manner to begin with, e.g. the fact that Ron Paul wasn't allowed on the Fox News debate on Sunday night even if he had 7% more votes that Rudy Giuliani and has raised more money than any other candidate last quarter.

One must admit it is disconcerting that any of these candidates could have "skeletons in the closet" that we might not want to know about or perhaps better that we do. But regardless of these men's positions it is important we not lose sight of our only king, Jesus Christ. Many are the candidates that we could support for our president, and let us support that president who ever it ends up being to the extent we are able, but let us never lose devotion or love for our only true king who is deserving of all our love - Jesus Christ. For there is no other name under heaven or under earth by which we are to be saved.

There is great joy in understanding this fundamental difference - we worship our True King, but we support our President. May we never lose sight of this fact, and may we draw closer to both of these realities as we move forward in history this day.

UPDATE: Minutes after first posting this, I checked Dr. Paul's website to find this response posted.

No comments: