Please note:

All posts are meant for discussion, opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the Catholic Church or St. Jude.

PLEASE VISIT & BOOKMARK MY NEW BLOG TO FOLLOW Me as I continue my work for the Church at: denvernotredame.blogspot.com. See you there!

Monday, April 21, 2008

Landing in a heap of trouble?

I did it. I went to see a documentary that, should we become a "sciencto-fascist state," will certainly be top on the list of the banned movies. I admit to it here, since I pray that the Lord allow me the grace to be a martyr should such a state every come to exist. In the meantime, this is seriuosly a great movie. My beloved wife and I saw it on Sunday evening. I would highly recommend it to anyone interested in the subject of Science and the role of Religion. Check out this supertrailer:



Having seen the movie, I have been entertaining the idea that I should send Ben Stein the Encyclical Fides et Ratio. It is odd to me that no one mentioned to him that there is a position, namely the Catholic one, that does not neglect either Evolution or Creationism but allows a certain reconciliation between the two by recognizing that Faith and Reason are not opposed to one another. In fact, it would seem that the Church is promoting precisely what Mr. Stein is after: that we seek the Truth without any preconceived notions.

The beautiful thing about the Catholic Faith is that even though as Catholics we propose to know Jesus Christ as all truth, we can always know him better. To this end, it is always beneficial to enter into dialogue with people such that the Truth will come to fore more clearly for all those involved.

I really hope any and all people who read this blog would take the time to go and watch this movie. I really enjoyed it!

No comments: