Please note:

All posts are meant for discussion, opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the Catholic Church or St. Jude.

PLEASE VISIT & BOOKMARK MY NEW BLOG TO FOLLOW Me as I continue my work for the Church at: denvernotredame.blogspot.com. See you there!

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Is it better or not?

My beloved family and I have just taken the leap to the 21st century and we now have, thank you Qwest, high-speed DSL internet service at home. We got sick of paying the $10.95 to the company we had dial-up with. Luckily, thanks to my Catholic Social Teaching class [Hi Guys!], I was able to build my own computer! That is quite an experience, but I have to say that it was not as harrowing as I thought it might be... I mean sure you can shock yourself, but if you have a good friend show you how to do it I don't think it is as bad as I thought it would be.

I think I might be comfortable with building another one on my own. The problem of course is knowing what to buy, thankfully when you have a couple of good friends who are self-proclaimed "computer geeks" it is easy enough to find parts that are good - or as one friend who helped me put it, that are "smoking."

At any rate, I have a feeling this means I will be blogging a lot more. Hopefully, I can put it into my schedule each day to blog. I wonder how wise a choice this was, to be honest, because I think I will probably spend a lot more time blogging. OFten as I am reading books, I find myself pondering things... and now, faithful or new reader, you too will be connected to my brain... scary thought.

At any rate, we shall see whether this pans out for more blogs entries or not. I have a feeling it will. But we shall see...

Please pray for me as I try to balance the desire to always be blabbing away here about theology, with continuing to serve my family as the Father and Husband. After all, its tempting to be writing all the time since I have paid for the stupid internet and now my blog just sits here and calls to me... Its free to be typing away, but is it really? As I was reminded today, there is no such thing as a free lunch... as attractive as it sounds...

No comments: