Please note:

All posts are meant for discussion, opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the Catholic Church or St. Jude.

PLEASE VISIT & BOOKMARK MY NEW BLOG TO FOLLOW Me as I continue my work for the Church at: denvernotredame.blogspot.com. See you there!

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Requiescat in Aeternum Gaudium


Today, marks the one year anniversary of my classmate from Rome, Fr. Ragheed Aziz Ganni, being martyred in Iraq. After celebrating Holy Liturgy according to the Chaldean Rite, with three deacons, he was shot while getting into a car outside a Church. May he enjoy his reward for his faithfulness and may we also be found worthy to die well for Jesus.

I can't but stop and think with fond memories of the many times when Fr. Ragheed, my beloved wife, and I all sipped Irish Tea and had "cornettos (Italian croissants, basically)" at the Irish College in Rome. Ah... may he enjoy his eternity, and may we be there with him when the Lord Jesus calls us home.



No comments: