Please note:

All posts are meant for discussion, opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the Catholic Church or St. Jude.

PLEASE VISIT & BOOKMARK MY NEW BLOG TO FOLLOW Me as I continue my work for the Church at: denvernotredame.blogspot.com. See you there!

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

For what it is worth...

I thought I was going crazy when the President of the United States tonight gave his economic plan talk, or whatever, to joint houses of congress and, when speaking of the ingenuity of America, he said that America was the country that built the first car...

Does that sound right to you? It didn't to me. I know that America first utilized the assembly line for a mass produced car, by means of the person of Henry Ford. However, after a quick Google search, I realized that our President of the United States - according to the Library of Congress - spoke a mistruth in a public address of serious impact. Check this out!

As someone in my biblical school class said, you would think that someone would have caught that...but apparently they didn't want to be as precise as the library of Congress. Oh well... just thought I would point it out, after all we are all human and make mistakes, but I thought I was going crazy.

Update: According to the Fox News transcripts, he said, "And I believe the nation that invented the automobile cannot walk away from it."

If you want to see what he says, its at the end of this.

No comments: