Please note:

All posts are meant for discussion, opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the Catholic Church or St. Jude.

PLEASE VISIT & BOOKMARK MY NEW BLOG TO FOLLOW Me as I continue my work for the Church at: denvernotredame.blogspot.com. See you there!

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I just can't help it...

How in the world am I supposed to ignore this recent report that the State of Missouri is now on the lookout for Ron Paul & Chuck Baldwin supporters? I am definitely opposed to "Abortion on Demand." And I have been an advocate for the vision of Dr. Ron Paul, though not an official endorser, due to being aware that I am associated with the Parish. Certainly, as you read through my posts, I have not been about the business of promoting Dr. Paul, for purely political reasons, but always through the lens of the implications towards the Catholic Faith. In fact, as a matter of service to and for the sake of the education of the Catholic Parish of St. Jude, I have also added to my links the website for the Constitution Party - entitled "Consider whether this 3rd Political Party "jives" with our Catholic Faith..."

Nevertheless, it appears one of united States, namely Missouri, would consider me a "terrorist." I am not now, nor have I ever been a terrorist... though there was that one time when I was bein' a lion...

but beyond that... nothing, I swear. (...and anyway that picture is grainy, and you can't even really tell it was me.)

I am seriously concerned for our country if this is where we are heading to call political parties near-criminal and seemingly towards the outlawing of political ideologies people don't like. Why? Precisely because not many people like the Catholic Church, and we have to be very aware of that. Nevertheless, St. Paul reminds us, "For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God (1Cor 1:18)." We know, as well, that Jesus taught us who follow him, "If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you (Jn 16:19)."

As a Catholic Church we must remember that we strive to follow after Jesus Christ, not because he is one among many options, but because he IS the Truth, and the only Truth. While we must be sensitive and apologetic (though never apologizing) for our Holy Catholic Faith, let us never allow ourselves to think we are merely one denomination among many for Christians. Jesus established one Holy Catholic Church for the sake of humanity to understand all that God wants us to know, and it is fully given in the Catholic Faith. The world continues to plot to attack the Church, but for now the world is seeking to destroy the right of mankind to have free speech and to voice one's disagreement with the current government. I for one will not shut up, I will not give up my faith - so help me God!

As Chuck Baldwin points out this egregious attack on free American Citizens affects us all, but in particular the Catholic Church. Specifically for the "abortion on demand" element of this, which may, as Mr Baldwin points out, have already broader reaching effects possibly in the sharing of these criteria for terrorists in other states, and possibly with a Federal implementation. The money quote, as they say comes from the Martin Niemoeller who was a decorated U-Boat Captain and pastor of great distinction. Who, at first, supported Hitler's policies, but in the end saw the implications too late. He is attributed as saying:

"They came first for the communists, and I did not speak up - because I was not a communist; And then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak up - because I was not a trade unionist; And then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak up because I was not a Jew; And then they came for me - and there was no one left to speak up."

Ron Paul is a flash in the pan, in the end; albiet an important one, I would argue. But the enduring liberty and, more importantly, the inalienable rights that have established the United States government directly effect our Holy Mother Church in these same United States. Let us then be leary of these encroachments that will culminate in the persecution of the Church - for where the defense of unborn life is seen as an act of terrorism, the Church will not back down now. As one of my friends used to say, "If loving the Lord is wrong, I DON'T WANT TO BE RIGHT!" And, if all of us are faithful, St. Ignatius of Antioch may prove his wisdom once again when he said, "The blood of the martyrs is the seed of the Church!"

No comments: