Please note:

All posts are meant for discussion, opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the Catholic Church or St. Jude.

PLEASE VISIT & BOOKMARK MY NEW BLOG TO FOLLOW Me as I continue my work for the Church at: denvernotredame.blogspot.com. See you there!

Monday, April 9, 2007

The Cross... and the Resurrection


Things some times do not turn out as we had hoped. Even the most beautiful of plans, even in religious events, can come crashing to a halt. Some thing has recently happened with me, for which I have the greatest remorse. It is amazing to think about the cross of Jesus at points like these.
We can often think the most useless points of our lives, and most depressing even, are failures. However, if you think that there no use for certain times of your lives then you haven't fully understood the Love of God in your life. To quote Jesus, "Are not five sparrows sold for two small coins? Yet not one of them has escaped the notice of your Heavenly Father (Lk 12:6)?" We should never think that anything doesn't fall in the plan of God... even when it seems to cause so much despair for others, somehow God's plan has taken even that into account.

Of course, it is hard to explain that to somebody that when they have not yet ever seen God in this way. Perhaps, it takes some hardship - even this hardship - for someone to recognize it. The only thing we can do is entrust every situation, no matter how hard, to the Mercy and Plan of God. For who should try to dissuade the plan of God!?

I am wounded, in my own way for the part I have had to play in a recent situation, however somehow I need to trust that God's plan of Mercy is being fulfilled. It is proven time and time again that God can write straight with our crooked and broken lines. Please, Jon and anyone else who might read this, please, pray for my special intention. For I know God has a plan, yet sometimes it is very very hard to see it... especially when you have to be involved in the test which someone must undergo.

1 comment:

Jon said...

I will pray for you. I hope evrything is okay. I know how hard it is to see God's overall plan for things, when your caught up in the moment in which your either suffering, or seeing someone suffering. The struggles we face in life only make us stronger, and with this kind of struggle, It may prepare us to deal with bigger ones with more ease down the road. You have my prayers.