Please note:

All posts are meant for discussion, opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the Catholic Church or St. Jude.

PLEASE VISIT & BOOKMARK MY NEW BLOG TO FOLLOW Me as I continue my work for the Church at: denvernotredame.blogspot.com. See you there!

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Like a chicken with a Good Shepherd

Well, it is the last week of Elementary Rel. Ed. Classes. I had some week trying to organize a lot of last minute things - this is my excuse for not keeping up with the blog. Of course, it doesn't help that there are hardly any comments on these things that I post either. At any rate for you my faithful reader, I apologize for not having prioritized my blog this last week. However, as I have completed all that needed to be done last week, I am back on the bloggin bandwagon.

Its Sunday today, and if it is Sunday: It's "Meet the Press." There are few shows that I really like on TV, but "Meet the Press" on NBC is one of the few that everytime I watch I feel like I have an insight into the topic being discussed. The "highrollers" of politics always have something to offer us to consider. No matter your political tack, it is always good to hear the policymakers thoughts on things.

Today good ole Tim Russert had on Sen. Joe Biden, one of the many presidential hopefuls. While I am a registered independant, I found him very discouraging for those who are practicing Catholics. As Catholics we ought not to have a party affilation over our Faith. For this earthly kingdom too shall pass, but the "what will separate us from the Love of God?" except ourselves.
He touted himself as a Catholic and yet defied the Church's very reasonable teaching on abortion destroying an innocent human life.

For a comment on this, please see the above post which is from my beloved spouse. On top of having two beautiful children, and putting up with all my idosynchrocies, my wife has a Pontifical License in Bioethics. In fact, one of the first degrees from the Pontifical Athenaeum Regina Apostolorum in Rome and thus also in the world, as this institution is one of the first to offer a purely Bioethics degrees. Not only that but she graduated Summa Cum Laude! I think it would be wise for me to have her on here as a guest blogger from time to time. For now though I am going to enjoy my record-breaking Sunday afternoon. For tomorrow, I will return to my daily blogging.

1 comment:

Jon said...

Does it ever seem like this to anyon else: I agree with whatver the public agree's with, because it is the public who's votes get me into office. so even if I contradict myself terribly,I want to keep both sides happy and ultimately win all of the votes I can whether or not I look like a fool once I get into office and do not uphold anything I said I would. I dont know. Maybe thats just me.