Please note:

All posts are meant for discussion, opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the Catholic Church or St. Jude.

PLEASE VISIT & BOOKMARK MY NEW BLOG TO FOLLOW Me as I continue my work for the Church at: denvernotredame.blogspot.com. See you there!

Saturday, July 28, 2007

The eyes of the Father

I am currently far away from my little home in Lakewood. I am not even in the same country actually! I am currently in Vancouver, BC, Canada. My wife is originally from here and she had returned to visit her family. I, after attending the conference in Steubenville, was able to come up and see her and our children.

It was so sad on the one hand, to have left my wife, 2 1/2 year son and 6 month daughter. Especially my daughter. It seems to me that when children are so young it seems like everyday they are growing faster and more significantly. In the 10 days we were apart from each other, when I saw her again, I noticed what seemed to be a significant change.

In reflecting on it, it makes me think of God the Father. You know when we commit sin, Holy Mother Church tells us that we remove ourselves from our relationship with God. We sever it. Then when we return to the Church in the Sacrament of Confession, God readily and wholeheartedly has already been awating our return to him. I had a small inkling of what this feels like in seeing my little daughter.

Not only did she seem to have grown in those 10 days, but I was so overjoyed at seeing her smile of recognition as she saw me again for the first time in days. It seemed like in her little mind I was someone she knew. And of course, my son gave me the biggest hug.

Its moments like these we need to treasure, not just because it is awesome to be reunited with family, but because in times like these God the Holy Trinity reminds us that every moment of our day and life He cares and loves us each. If we look with the eyes of faith we will see the joy of how much God loves us and is drawing each of us closer to his heart. When we can see such things then the peace and joy of serving and obeying Christ makes all the more sense.

No comments: