Please note:

All posts are meant for discussion, opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the Catholic Church or St. Jude.

PLEASE VISIT & BOOKMARK MY NEW BLOG TO FOLLOW Me as I continue my work for the Church at: denvernotredame.blogspot.com. See you there!

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Aren't they supposed to investigate...?

This video was posted over at MSNBC, though it comes from the History Channel. I have actually had the History Channel send me a pack of videos that were, as their telemarketer told me, "great for RCIA classes." However, as I wrote them in a letter, once I had watched their content, if I were to show those videos to aspiring Catholics, then both them and I would soon be leaving the Catholic Church if we believed what they had presented. But what I wish is that these people who are putting together these videos about Catholic things would at least do some research about what they are talking about.

Again, as has been my experience, the guy in this video above begins by saying the people "worship" Saint Gennaro. Any numbskull could go to the Catechism of the Catholic Church and find the direct teaching that we do not worship the Saints as people, whether we Worship God alone, who seeks to work in every human being:

By canonizing some of the faithful, i.e., by solemnly proclaiming that they practiced heroic virtue and lived in fidelity to God's grace, the Church recognizes the power of the Spirit of holiness within her and sustains the hope of believers by proposing the saints to them as models and intercessors. "The saints have always been the source and origin of renewal in the most difficult moments in the Church's history." Indeed, "holiness is the hidden source and infallible measure of her apostolic activity and missionary zeal." (CCC #828)

What I can't understand is that people like this are paid to be investigative journalists, to do research and report the truth, yet they rely on a faulty understanding of what actually happens in the Catholic Church! These are the same type of people we are supposed to believe and trust to explain to us the candidates and their stances on the issues? Good luck America!

No comments: