Please note:

All posts are meant for discussion, opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the Catholic Church or St. Jude.

PLEASE VISIT & BOOKMARK MY NEW BLOG TO FOLLOW Me as I continue my work for the Church at: denvernotredame.blogspot.com. See you there!

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Proud to be a Baron Alumnus!

I love my Franciscan University Education! I had someone here at the parish tell me the first week I was here that this person was worried about "how conservative Franciscan University is becoming." The first problem with that is that one ought not to apply political monikers when we are talking about being a disciple of Jesus Christ. One can hold more liberal or conservative views on certain issues, but one ought to be substantially concerned with living for Christ our King.

Living for Christ our King. This is something we have so few people doing nowadays. Nevertheless, I am proud of my fellow Franciscan students who recently attended a rally put together by three "apparent" nuns and a few priests who hold that abortion is not a problem and one should therefore be able to vote for Obama, regardless of his position on Abortion. Why would they hold this? Well they cite Nicholas Cafardi who is the second Catholic legal scholar to endorse Sen. Obama. Who among other things thinks that our Republic is dead, insofar as those who believe abortion is wrong have lost the battle.

You may read about this happening on the Inside Catholic website here.

You can read about Mr. Cafardi's position from the National Catholic Distorter, er, Reporter. Here at this page.

What is most sad about this, perhaps, is that Mr. Cafardi and these nuns miss the point that if you don't agree with Mccain (or Bush), then Mr. Obama is not the only option for their vote. Again, I would offer to you, dear reader, that as Catholics we should not limit ourselves to the two-party duopoly, but if we are to truly effect change for Christ's Kingdom, then we should consider all the options for our vote. See the links below to some of the other parties being blacklisted by the Media.

As for me, I hope my Franciscan University Barons are doing well this year in sports, but more importantly I pray that the University continues its mission to form young people to love the Catholic Faith as a gift, and not as something that we can pick and choose elements of to best suit our exaltation of our self and our own opinions.

No comments: