Please note:

All posts are meant for discussion, opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the Catholic Church or St. Jude.

PLEASE VISIT & BOOKMARK MY NEW BLOG TO FOLLOW Me as I continue my work for the Church at: denvernotredame.blogspot.com. See you there!

Monday, September 22, 2008

Could it be true...

I know that not everybody likes Pat Buchanan. Some people say he is flat out racist or even anti-semitic. I am unsure about that, but I do know he does make a few good points beyond those charges. Take for example this recent article in which he asks whether the Republican party is actually over. One wonders about whether all the hype around Sarah Palin will be for naught if he is also correct about this position.

For us who are of a Catholic worldview, I think these should be things to consider when we place our votes in the fall. I was really struck by the video I posted earlier from CatholicVote.com that it only showed the two parties. The more I have been thinking about that the more I have been wondering how inconsistent is the message? If we are supposed to use our Catholic conscience to vote, then how can we have informed consent if we aren't even willing to consider the other parties? We Catholics must excercise our right to vote in this country. We are by some estimations as much as 1/4 of the electorate!!! THAT IS INCREDIBLY STAGGERING! Sure, many people would follow Biden into his errors that allowing the legal murder of an unborn child is peachy keen, but still the fact that if we were actually taught and were docile to being conformed to Christ then we would not value choice over life, just as Pontius Pilate did.

Pontius Pilate, as I understand it, according to Sacred Tradition is held to actually have become a saint, because he realized what he had done all to late! I wonder if some won't experience the same deception now, and, please God may they have a conversion later if that is the case. Nevertheless, I think if we are to make an informed decision then we ought to research all the parties and find those with whom we agree.

There are four that are most prevalent apparently:

The Libertarians
The Green Party
The Constitution Party
and independant Ralph Nader.

As this article points out, these parties have an invaluable role to play in our politics, even if you won't vote for one, at least consider their ideas that each of us may make an informed choice, and more importantly for Catholics, our conscience can vote in union with our Catholic Faith.

No comments: