Please note:

All posts are meant for discussion, opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the Catholic Church or St. Jude.

PLEASE VISIT & BOOKMARK MY NEW BLOG TO FOLLOW Me as I continue my work for the Church at: denvernotredame.blogspot.com. See you there!

Friday, September 19, 2008

What it takes to be a Catholic man...

Recently, apparently, there was a pro-abortion (or more specifically pro-death) march in Argentina. Apparently the course of the march went right by the Cathedral. What appears to be a very small group of men and women stood up to the crowd and protected the Cathedral by ... praying the Rosary. This video is incredible. It speaks volume about where we are today as a world. Please God may I have the strength to stand up for life, for Christ, and for the Church when the time comes... as it appears it may possibly be coming... At any rate reflect on the power of the witness of these young men standing up for Christ, for the Church and for life in the face of this onslaught:


UPDATE: In preparing for my lecture on Mt 11-18, I found this quote by Pope St. Gregory the Great and it speaks to the heart of what I hope for:

"What can we men [do], fully-grown, but weak, who are overcome by anger, inflated by pride, disquieted by ambition, corrupted by pleasure, when we see young women sent to the sword [or to an abortion!] to the Kingdom of Heaven? We may not be able to attain the kingdom through battle and persecution, but let us be ashamed, that we are unwilling to follow God even in times of peace. At present God is not saying to any of us, "Die for me" [yet!], but just put to death the unlawful desires within you! Would we give our bodies for the Lord in time of war, when we are not willing to subdue their desires in time of peace?" Yes, I did ad those things in brackets... so sue me, already!

3 comments:

fortiter non trepide said...

THANK YOU FOR WHAT YOU SAID ABOUT THESE YOUNG MEN STANDING UP IN PRAYER TO DEFEND JESUS AND HIS CHURCH. BEING FROM ARGENTINA I AM ASHAMED FOR THIS EVENT AND IT REALLY HURTS SEEING THE DEVIL ACTING SO FREELY WITHIN THE PEOPLE OF MY COUNTRY, BUT I KNOW THE PRACTICING CATHOLICS THERE ARE VERY HOLY AND VERY FERVENT SO I KNOW THE BLESSED VIRGIN MARY WILL NOT LEAVE US ALONE IN THIS FIGHT.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this great news, and the quote by St. Gregory the Great. It actually gave me an idea: Why not do an Eucharistic Procession down the street, going right by the abortion clinic?

Anonymous said...

Mary - continue to protect us and keep us zealous in our faith to fight the Father of Lies.